- 500 g Calamari Tubes
- 1 tsp Paprika/Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 Chorizo Sausage Thinly Sliced
- ±6 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Fresh Basil Shredded
- Cut the calamari tubes in half through the middle.
- Heat a heavy based pan until smoking hot, add a splash of olive oil, garlic and chorizo, then the calamari and paprika. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, butter and lemon.
- Check seasoning, sprinkled with basil and serve with crusty sourdough bread.
A few capers also work really well in this dish and it also makes and excellent pasta sauce, toss with angel hair pasta, add some wild rocket and you have another entirely new dish!